The Elora Backpack Digital Pattern
This is a downloadable PDF pattern - best downloaded and saved to a computer.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN:
This is not your usual utility-style backpack. Featuring our signature pleated front pocket on the Alyssa Hip Bag and the Adina Laptop Bag, it's a stylish version of a multi-purpose bag. With only a handful of hardware needed, the focus is on the fabric and zippers. The optional flap hardware adds a bit of bling.
Designed as a personal bag for travel, the sectioned elastic will hold full-sized bottles of shampoo, hairspray, lotion, or even a hairdryer. No more fiddling with those little travel sizes! Three mesh pockets hold wet items, and the exterior pleated pocket will hold your phone or other items conveniently at hand.
Or eliminate the sections, and use the bag for a laptop or tablet.
Rated for Intermediate Bagmaker.
The finished size is 14” H x 11” W x 5” D.
Fabric amounts provided are for non-directional print and would need to be adjusted if using a directional print or if you are fussy-cutting.
- 1 yard x at least 54” wide vinyl or similar weight fabric is recommended
- 1 yard x at least 45’’ wide quilting cotton or similar weight fabric
- 1/8 yard of mesh
- 2 1/2 yards x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- 8” x 13” Pellon 987F one-side fusible fleece
- ½ yard piece of Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
- (2) 10 3/4” #5 zipper-by-the-yard (plus 2 pulls)
- (1) 9” #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard)
- (1) 8” #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard)
- (1) 18mm magnetic snap
- (8) 8mm rivets
- (2) 1 ¼” D-rings - 1" can be used - adjust sizing width on D-RING CONNECTORS to 2"
- (2) 1 ¼” slide adjusters (wide mouth type is suggested if using thicker material like vinyl for straps) - 1" can be used - adjust sizing width on STRAPS to 4"
- (6) purse feet (optional)
- (1) small pointed metal edge trim (optional)
- 15” of 1” elastic for holding bottles (optional)
- 3 yards of 1” fold-over-elastic (FOE) for binding and mesh pockets
- 1/4” double-sided tape DST (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Fabri-Tac Glue or glue stick (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Small stapler with staples (optional – very helpful – instructions are included on where to use)
Fifty-four (54) page PDF pattern in full color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut Chart and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels for efficiency.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.