The Bailey Tablet Tote Digital Pattern
A Beginner Basics pattern, with detailed instructions for the beginning bag maker. This Level 1 pattern has no pattern pieces as they are all rectangular. Measurements including the seam allowance are provided.
Skills you will learn:
- All rectangular pieces - perfect for rotary cutting and block fusing
- Add an accent piece
- Cut boxed corners 2 ways
- Make a two-sided strap
- Apply topstitching
- Turn out (birth) the bag
- Make a snug-fitting lining
- Install a magnetic snap
About this pattern:
This bag was designed to show off the ACCENT STRIP down the middle of the front. Many beginner bagmakers have lots of sewing skills under their belt – quilt piecing, machine and/or hand embroidery, decorative stitching, or excellence at fussy cutting a design.
Sometimes you have a little bit of a beautiful fabric leftover and you wonder what you could use it on. Add another glimpse of the accent fabric on the back of the two-sided straps. Add some contrasting topstitching and a handy tote becomes a showcase of your sewing abilities.
Special Features for Beginners:
- Beginner Bits - detailed instructions for new skills with reminders throughout
- A list of tools needed and suggestions and links for optional but very helpful tools
- Fabric and Interfacing Cut List with coordinating Pattern Piece Labels
- Materials layout diagrams for efficiency and block fusing
- Diagrams for adding fusible fleece
- Step-by-step instructions with full-color photographs, notations, and diagrams
- Reminders throughout as you become familiar with new terminology and techniques
- Tip boxes for better-looking results
Standing Size: 11” W Base x 15” H x 3” D, 11” Handle Drop, Top Opening 14 ½”
The yardage amounts listed show a range depending on whether a directional or non-directional fabric and are indicated in detail on the Layout Diagram in the pattern.
- 1/2 to 5/8 yard 45" mid-weight cotton, such as canvas for the exterior and straps
- 1/8 to 1/2 yard 45" cotton for accent and straps
- 3/4 to 7/8 yard 45" cotton for lining and pockets
- 1/2 yard 46" fusible fleece
- Up to 2 1/2 yards 20" SF101 depending on the exterior fabric used
- (1) 18 mm magnetic snap
- 1/4" Double-sided Tape (DST)
Twenty-two (22) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut List and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.