The Bailey Basic Tote Digital Pattern
This is a downloadable PDF pattern - best downloaded and saved to a computer, flash drive, or in a cloud service.
This Beginner Basics tote bag was designed to show off the ACCENT STRIP down the middle of the front. Many beginner bagmakers have lots of sewing skills under their belt – quilt piecing, machine and/or hand embroidery, decorative stitching, or excellence at fussy cutting a design.
Sometimes you have a little bit of a beautiful fabric left over and you wonder what you could use it on. Add another glimpse of the accent fabric on the back of the two-sided straps. Add some contrasting topstitching and a handy tote becomes a showcase of your sewing abilities. Experiment with vinyl or waxed canvas, add an interior zipper pocket, or shorten the straps to handles.
Level One Skills you will learn:
- All rectangular piece measurements - perfect for rotary cutting and block fusing, NO PATTERN PIECES
- Add an accent piece
- Cut boxed corners 2 ways
- Make a two-sided strap
- Apply top-stitching
- Turn out (birth) the bag
- Make a snug-fitting lining
- Install a magnetic snap
Special Features for Beginners:
- Beginner Bits - detailed instructions for new skills with reminders throughout
- A list of tools needed and suggestions and links for optional but very helpful tools
- Fabric and Interfacing Cut List with coordinating Pattern Piece Labels
- Materials layout diagrams for efficiency and block fusing
- Diagrams for adding fusible fleece
- Step-by-step instructions with full-color photographs, notations, and diagrams
- Reminders throughout as you become familiar with new terminology and techniques
- Tip boxes for better-looking results
Standing Size: 11” W Base x 15” H x 3” D, 11” Handle Drop, Top Opening 14 ½”
The yardage amounts listed show a range depending on whether a directional or non-directional fabric and are indicated in detail on the Layout Diagram in the pattern.
- 1/2 to 5/8 yard 45" mid-weight cottons, such as canvas for the exterior and straps
- 1/8 to 1/2 yard 45" cotton for accent and straps
- 3/4 to 7/8 yard 45" cotton for lining and pockets
- 1/2 yard 46" fusible fleece - Thermolam recommended for a smooth finish
- Up to 2 1/2 yards 20" SF101 depending on the exterior fabric used
- (1) 18 mm magnetic snap
- 1/4" Double-sided Tape (DST)
Twenty-two (22) page PDF pattern in full color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut List and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home-production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.