BEGINNERS AND BEYOND
- A Guide to Success With Kaya Papaya Design's Patterns Whether you're new to bagmaking or new to our patterns, take the time to look at the features we've added for sewing success. PDF download.
- Beginning Bag Making Without Tears Even seasoned sewists can be challenged when making their first bags. Try these tips to ease into sewing bags.
- Slip Pockets and More! - It's In The Details They're easy, but there's no reason to rush through them. Take a little time and make your pockets stand out!
- Taking the Intimidation Out of Zippers Don't avoid patterns with zippers - they add so much functionality and security, along with style. These tips will build your confidence.
- The David Grocery Bag is So Much Better Than Plastic! Super beginner friendly. A 1/2 yard of fabric, a 1/2 hour of time, and you've got a reusable, sturdy, washable grocery tote!
- Your Bag Making Tool Kit - The Sewing Machine:Part One Having the proper tools will make bag making more efficient, enjoyable, and yield better results. Start with your most important tool - the sewing machine.
- Your Bag Making Tool Kit - Measuring, Marking and Cutting: Part Two Getting your pattern to the fabric accurately and efficiently will make a difference in assembling your bag.
- Your Bag Making Tool Kit - Pressing, Securing, and Finishing: Part Three Now is the time to assemble your bag. Assembling accurately, using proper finishing techniques and the best tools for pressing will give your a professional looking bag.
FABRIC AND INTERFACING/STABILIZERS
- Bag Making Stabilizers and Interfacings Chart A listing of Kaya Papaya Design's most used Pellon products, Vilene and Legacy equivalents, and their uses. Feel free to download. Check out the tutorial Make Your Bag Shape Up.
- Creating Bags With Cork Fabric Cork is one of Patricia's favorite fabrics. Here's the particulars for using it in your bags.
- Add An Upscale Look With Vinyl and Faux Leather. You can sew these fabrics on your home machine. Check out these tips for success!
- Cici Tote Bag Add-ons Want to make some changes to The Cici Tote Bag? With the pattern and this FREE PDF printable, you're well on your way to turning a classy bag into a super versatile beach bag or tote. Check out the blog tutorial, too.
- Design Modifications to The Claire Shoulder Bag Pattern If you have the skills or want a challenge, try out these modifications to make your bag unique.
- These Bags Look Good With Cotton and Linen, Too! Not a fan of vinyl or just wanting to use from your stash? I modified the overlay and used cotton and vinyl to make The Cici Too Cosmetic Bag.
- Add Some Class With a Purse Label You've put your best into that bag. Why not proudly tell the world it's handmade? Make sure you put it on securely and correctly.
- Dressing A Zipper by Chris Hawke This is a really unique technique to add that bespoke look to your bag. Take a plain zipper and "dress it up." Thanks to Chris Hawke, who has tested for Kaya Papaya Design, for sharing her unique tutorial.
- How To Make An Adjustable Strap Wanting to add an adjustable strap to a pattern that doesn't have directions? Or just need a little help in fine-tuning the process? Print this off and post at your machine and you'll never forget how to do it.
- Success With A Curved Gusset This tutorial will give you the confidence to add the curved gusset on The Colette Bowler Bag to achieve a professional look. The technique is applicable to adding a curved piece to a straight piece on any bag.