BEGINNERS AND BEYOND
- Beginning Bag Making Without Tears Even seasoned sewists can be challenged when making their first bags. Try these tips to ease into sewing bags.
- Slip Pockets and More! - It's In The Details They're easy, but there's no reason to rush through them. Take a little time and make your pockets stand out!
- Taking the Intimidation Out of Zippers Don't avoid patterns with zippers - they add so much functionality and security, along with style. These tips will build your confidence.
- The David Grocery Bag is So Much Better Than Plastic! Super beginner friendly. A 1/2 yard of fabric, a 1/2 hour of time, and you've got a reusable, sturdy, washable grocery tote!
- Your Bag Making Tool Kit - The Sewing Machine:Part One Having the proper tools will make bag making more efficient, enjoyable, and yield better results. Start with your most important tool - the sewing machine.
- Your Bag Making Tool Kit - Measuring, Marking and Cutting: Part Two Getting your pattern to the fabric accurately and efficiently will make a difference in assembling your bag.
- Your Bag Making Tool Kit - Pressing, Securing, and Finishing: Part Three Now is the time to assemble your bag. Assembling accurately, using proper finishing techniques and the best tools for pressing will give your a professional looking bag.
FABRIC AND INTERFACING/STABILIZERS
- Bag Making Stabilizers and Interfacings Chart A listing of Kaya Papaya Design's most used Pellon products, Vilene and Legacy equivalents, and their uses. Feel free to download. Check out the tutorial Make Your Bag Shape Up.
- Creating Bags With Cork Fabric Cork is one of Patricia's favorite fabrics. Here's the particulars for using it in your bags.
- Add An Upscale Look With Vinyl and Faux Leather. You can sew these fabrics on your home machine. Check out these tips for success!
- Cici Tote Bag Add-ons Want to make some changes to The Cici Tote Bag? With the pattern and this FREE PDF printable, you're well on your way to turning a classy bag into a super versatile beach bag or tote. Check out the blog tutorial, too.
- Design Modifications to The Claire Shoulder Bag Pattern If you have the skills or want a challenge, try out these modifications to make your bag unique.
- Add Some Class With a Purse Label You've put your best into that bag. Why not proudly tell the world it's handmade? Make sure you put it on securely and correctly.
- Dressing A Zipper by Chris Hawke This is a really unique technique to add that bespoke look to your bag. Take a plain zipper and "dress it up." Thanks to Chris Hawke, who has tested for Kaya Papaya Design, for sharing her unique tutorial.
- Success With A Curved Gusset This tutorial will give you the confidence to add the curved gusset on The Colette Bowler Bag to achieve a professional look. The technique is applicable to adding a curved piece to a straight piece on any bag.