For those new to bag making, check out KPD"s video of The Janie Pouch With Modifications.
By Kaya Papaya Design on YouTube
The Janie Pouch ASG Bonus Never made a bag before? This video covers interfacing, pleats, zipper installation with tabs, a wrist strap, slip pocket, birthing the bag, and pressing.
Customer review: "I would grade this tutorial an A+++. I have made pouches before but you bring it to a higher level with your excellent instructions and attention to detail throughout each step. I can't wait to make this pouch using your instructions. Thank you!" - txknitnurse
Check out these videos by SiahSwag and Seams Legit, both are talented sewists and give excellent, friendly instruction.
By SiahSwag on YouTube:
- The Adina Laptop Bag Kassiah breaks down this large bag pattern step-by-step
- The Alyssa Hip Bag You'll be an expert at card slot pockets and sewing vinyl, along with making a belt strap and adding a turn lock.
- The Cici Tote Bag Learn to do a recessed zipper, a slip and zipper pocket, and adding an overlay.
- The Claire Shoulder Bag Learn the trick to a great looking curved zipper placket and finishing pocket edges.
- The Colette Bowler Bag Learn techniques for sewing the curved gusset with vinyl and a curved zipper placket. Two types of handles.
- The Duffy Bag A large bag broken down into easy steps. Three zipper styles, making a flap, four different slip pocket styles. The Laila Weekender has the same basic construction..
- The Edyn Handbag. A Beginner Basics pattern. Minimal hardware of one magnetic snap. Unique pleated corners. One slip pocket. Or challenge yourself and make a pleated front, add a turnlock, and d-rings with strap connectors.
- The Elora Backpack. A classy bag with the popular pleated pocket of the Alyssa and the Adina.
- The Fallyn Bag. A large semi-structured tote with tons of pockets. Show off one, two, or three fabrics. Great for a large handbag, office tote, or diaper bag. Unique flap assembly.
- The Janie Pouch A great beginner pattern with pleats, a zipper with tab, and a contrasting accent.
- The Raelyn Bag Trio. Three sizes of a flirty pleated shoulder bag.
- The Sunset Beach Tote. The Beginner Basics Collection - minimal hardware, lots of tips and "hand holding" for the ultimate beginner bag maker.
- The Taco Tuesday Case. A super fast make with so many uses. Bet you can't make just one!
By Seams Legit on YouTube:
- The Alyssa Hip Bag Tori shares her first sew of The Alyssa following the pattern completely.
- The Claire Shoulder Bag Tori shares her sew with a couple of changes.
- The Colette Bowler Bag Get a great-looking gusset and flawless zipper installation.
- The Penelope Crossbody Bag Conquer using Peltex, a flap with decorative hardware, and a curved gusset with riveted all around strap holder.