Visual learners rejoice! We've got a ton of videos for our patterns. We're building our YouTube channel with upcoming patterns and short technique videos. Meanwhile, scroll down for a list of videos by Siah Swag on YouTube and Tori at Seams Legit.
For those new to bag making, check out KPD"s video of The Janie Pouch With Modifications.
By KAYA PAPAYA DESIGN on YouTube:
- Making the Janie Pouch with Modifications: Never made a bag before? This video covers interfacing, pleats, zipper installation with tabs, a wrist strap, slip pocket, birthing the bag, and pressing.
Customer review: "I would grade this tutorial an A+++. I have made pouches before but you bring it to a higher level with your excellent instructions and attention to detail throughout each step. I can't wait to make this pouch using your instructions. Thank you!" - txknitnurse
By SIAH SWAG on YouTube:
- The Adina Laptop Bag Kassiah breaks down this large bag pattern step-by-step
- The Alyssa Hip Bag You'll be an expert at card slot pockets and sewing vinyl, along with making a belt strap and adding a turn lock.
- The Cici Tote Bag Learn to do a recessed zipper, a slip and zipper pocket, and adding an overlay.
- The Claire Shoulder Bag Learn the trick to a great looking curved zipper placket and finishing pocket edges.
- The Colette Bowler Bag Applies to The Large Colette also. Learn techniques for sewing the curved gusset with vinyl and a curved zipper placket. Two types of handles.
- The Duffy Bag A large bag broken down into easy steps. Three zipper styles, making a flap, four different slip pocket styles. The Laila Weekender has the same basic construction.
- The Edyn Handbag. A Beginner Basics pattern. Minimal hardware of one magnetic snap. Unique pleated corners. One slip pocket. Or challenge yourself and make a pieced front, add a turnlock, and d-rings with strap connectors.
- The Elora Backpack. A classy bag with the popular pleated pocket of The Alyssa Hip Bag and The Adina Laptop Bag.
- The Fallyn Bag. A large semi-structured tote with tons of pockets. Show off one, two, or three fabrics. Great for a large handbag, office tote, or diaper bag. Unique flap assembly.
- The Janie Pouch A great beginner pattern with pleats, a zipper with tab, and a contrasting accent.
- The Raelyn Bag Trio. Three sizes of a flirty pleated shoulder bag.
- The Sunset Beach Tote. The Beginner Basics Collection - minimal hardware, lots of tips and "hand holding" for the ultimate beginner bag maker.
- The Taco Tuesday Case. A super fast make with so many uses. Bet you can't make just one!
By SEAMS LEGIT on YouTube:
- The Alyssa Hip Bag Tori shares her first sew of The Alyssa following the pattern completely.
- The Claire Shoulder Bag Tori shares her sew with a couple of changes.
- The Colette Bowler Bag Get a great-looking gusset and flawless zipper installation.
- The Karys Shoulder Bag Tori makes a beautiful Karys in a super fun vinyl combo.
- The Penelope Crossbody Bag Conquer using Peltex, a flap with decorative hardware, and a curved gusset with riveted-all-around strap holder.