Check out videos by SiahSwag and Seams Legit, both are talented sewists and give excellent, friendly instruction. For those new to bag making, check out KPD"s video of The Janie Pouch ASG Bonus listed at the end.
By SiahSwag on YouTube:
- The Adina Laptop Bag Siah Swag breaks down this large bag pattern step-by-step
- The Alyssa Hip Bag You'll be an expert at card slot pockets and sewing vinyl, along with making a belt strap and adding a turn lock.
- The Cici Tote Bag Learn to do a recessed zipper, a slip and zipper pocket, and adding an overlay.
- The Claire Shoulder Bag Learn the trick to a great looking curved zipper placket and finishing pocket edges.
- The Colette Bowler Bag Learn techniques for sewing the curved gusset with vinyl and a curved zipper placket. Two types of handles.
- The Duffy Bag A large bag broken down into easy steps. Three zipper styles, making a flap, four different slip pocket styles. The Laila Weekender has the same basic construction..
- The Edyn Handbag. A Beginner Basics pattern. Minimal hardware of one magnetic snap. Unique pleated corners. One slip pocket. Or challenge yourself and make a pleated front, add a turnlock, and d-rings with strap connectors.
- The Janie Pouch A great beginner pattern with pleats, a zipper with tab, and a contrasting accent.
- The Sunset Beach Tote. The Beginner Basics Collection - minimal hardware, lots of tips and "hand holding" for the ultimate beginner bag maker.
By Seams Legit on YouTube:
- The Colette Bowler Bag Get a great-looking gusset and flawless zipper installation.
- The Penelope Crossbody Bag Conquer using Peltex, a flap with decorative hardware, and a curved gusset with riveted all around strap holder.
By Kaya Papaya Design on YouTube
- The Janie Pouch ASG Bonus Never made a bag before? This video covers interfacing, pleats, zipper installation with tabs, a wrist strap, slip pocket, birthing the bag, and pressing.