The Fallyn Bag Digital Pattern
This is a downloadable PDF pattern - best downloaded and saved to a computer, flash drive, or in a cloud service.
Sometimes the need to "carry it all" and still pull off a classy look is hard to achieve at the same time. Not with The Fallyn Bag!
Designed to show off one, two, or three vinyl or faux leather fabrics, with just enough bling with the O-rings and flap trim piece, and with room for everything inside and out. A great everyday handbag, office tote, or diaper bag, you'll be in style no matter what the purpose.
The exterior includes two big side pockets and a phone pocket under the flap. The roomy interior has a divided slip pocket in front of a zipper pocket, a second zippered pocket suitable for a small tablet, a glasses holder, and a keyholder. A recessed top zipper keeps everything safely out of sight. Wear The Fallyn as a shoulder bag, or add the adjustable strap for a crossbody while you're carrying a toddler or groceries.
With the color-blocked exterior design, use the included coloring page to play with combos.
Intended for Intermediate bagmakers. Video sew-along by SiahSwag on YouTube will walk you through the steps, so if you're a Confident Beginner and up for a challenge, she's the best teacher!
Standing Size: 15" W x 12" H x 6" D
MATERIALS: The bag is designed for vinyl or similar weight fabrics for structure. Lightweight cotton fabrics are not recommended and would need additional stabilizers.
- If using one color for the exterior, you will need – 1 1/4 yard x 50” vinyl/faux leather, cork, or similar weight
- If color-blocking then you will need the amounts as follows (see photo for colors referenced):
- White: 1/2 yard x 50”
- Teal: 1/3 yard x 50”
- Purple: 1/3 yard x 50”
- 1 1/2 yard x 54” quilt weight cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric. If your fabric is smaller than 54”, you will need to adjust accordingly.
- 3 ½ yards x 20” Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- 12” x 12” Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
NOTIONS AND HARDWARE:
- (1) 18” #5 zipper
- (1) 9” #3 or #5 zipper
- (1) 10” #3 or #5 zipper
- (1) 18 mm magnetic snap
- (1) small metal edge trim (optional)
- (16) medium rivets
- (4) 1 1/2” O-rings
- (2) 3/4” D-rings
- (3) 3/4” swivel clasps (one is for the keyholder)
- (1) 3/4” slide adjuster
- (5) purse feet
- (1) metal zipper end (optional)
- Line drawing coloring page by Donna Dickerson of DL Designs Handcrafted
Fifty-nine (59) page PDF pattern in full color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut List and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels for efficiency.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.