The Karys Shoulder Bag Digital Pattern
This is a downloadable PDF pattern - best downloaded and saved to a computer, flash drive, or in a cloud service.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN:
Devoted KPD customers will notice that The Karys Shoulder Bag pattern bears a slight resemblance to our Raelyn Bag Trio. While the bag shape and style were an inspiration, Karys has its own style.
The center and corner accents and optional flap are a nice contrast to the main fabric and add visual interest. The top recessed zipper keeps your belongings securely out of sight. With an interior zipper pocket and three stacked slip pockets and a bottom depth of five inches, you'll be able to carry all your essentials. With so many features, the opportunities for customization are endless.
KEEP IN MIND:
- This bag is designed for vinyl/faux leather, leather, or cork as the exterior material. The pattern is not written for cotton or similar as certain pattern pieces would need to be changed and interfacing requirements would be different.
- This bag is very domestic-friendly as long as your machine can handle vinyl, leather, or cork. There are not any super bulky seams.
- There are a few pieces with raw edges, so Edge Kote is recommended for those pieces. Edge Kote should be applied and allowed to dry prior to using each piece.
- This bag is semi-structured and it will stand up on its own. However, if you would like your bag to have a bit more structure, you can use fusible foam instead of fleece. Be aware that this will make it harder to birth the bag so you may need to leave a bigger opening in the lining for birthing.
Rated for Confident Beginners.
The finished size is 13 ½” W x 10 ½” H x 5” D with a Handle Drop of 13”.
Fabric amounts provided are for non-directional print and would need to be adjusted if using a directional print or if you are fussy cutting.
- Main exterior – ¼ yard x at least 45” wide vinyl/faux leather, leather, or cork
- Accent – ½ yard x at least 45” wide vinyl/faux leather, leather, or cork
- ½ yard x 45’’ wide quilting cotton or similar weight fabric
- 1 yard x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- 14” x 21” Pellon 987F one-sided fusible fleece (or for more structure, use foam)
- 15” x 15” piece of Pellon Peltex 71F one-sided fusible firm stabilizer
- Small scrap pieces of 808/809 for covering prongs of magnetic snap and purse feet.
- (1) 13” – #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard)
- (1) 8” - #3 or #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard)
- (1) 18mm magnetic snap or 1 1/2” turnlock
- (4) purse feet
- (6) 8mm rivets
- (2) 1” O-rings or D-rings
- (2) 1” metal strap ends (optional)
- (1) metal zipper end (optional)
- 1/4” double-sided tape DST
- Fabri-Tac Glue or glue stick (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Small stapler with staples (optional – very helpful – instructions are included on where to use)
- Edge Kote (optional)
Fifty-six (56) page PDF pattern in full color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut Chart and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels for efficiency.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home-production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.