The Laila Weekender Digital Pattern
Who among us doesn't need to carry A LOT when we travel. And the more pockets we have, the better to stash all those odds and ends that just won't fit anywhere else. The Laila Weekender is designed just for that purpose. A roomy, multi-pocket duffle bag that will have you organized and on your way. It's big, but it will still qualify as an overhead carry-on for air flight after whisking through the airport attached securely to your luggage with the trolley sleeve. Or carry on it's own with two sturdy handles, or if you're juggling everything, use the handy adjustable strap. It has enough structure to give it a classy look, but you can cram it in with all the other luggage when you're getting in that "one last thing" in the car trunk. Dress it up, dress it down, make it classy, make it rugged - whatever you do, just make it! We all need one.
KEEP IN MIND
- This bag is quite large, and has a lot of pieces to cut, but don’t let this intimidate you as this pattern is definitely advanced beginner friendly.
- The Laila Weekender exterior main fabric can be a variety of fabrics including cotton, canvas, faux suede, faux leather/vinyl, or leather. The pattern is written using faux leather/vinyl, leather or cork for the accent fabric and lighter weight fabric, like cotton or canvas, is not recommended for these pieces.
- Fusible fleece is recommended if using cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric for the main exterior body fabric.
- Omit the woven interfacing and fleece for the main exterior pieces if using vinyl/faux leather or leather for these pieces.
- If using waterproof canvas for the lining, eliminate the woven interfacing on these pieces.
- A triple divided slip pocket
- A large zipper pocket
- Elastic top slip pockets on each end
- Trolley Sleeve
- (3) Slip Pockets
- Two Zipper Pockets
- Dual-zip opening
- Swivel hook adjustable strap
This pattern is for Advanced Beginner bag makers and includes:
- A detailed Fabric and Interfacing Cut List color coded to match Pattern Piece Labels
- Multiple rectangular piece measurements to save on printing
- Clear instructions
- Full color photos
- All seam allowances included in pattern pieces
- Skills: Inserting zippers, slip pockets, handling bulky materials, easing in a curved pattern piece, top-stitching
- A Facebook pattern group for questions and sharing
MATERIALS AND NOTIONS:
- Main fabric 1 yard x at least 45” wide
- Accent fabric 1 yard x at least 45 ’’ wide
- Lining fabric 2 yards x 45’’ wide quilting cotton or similar weight fabric
- 5½ yards x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing equivalency chart
- 2/3 yard x 45” wide Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece
- (1) 19” x 6¾” and (2) 1½’’ x 3’’ pieces of Pellon Peltex 71F one side fusible firm stabilizer
- (2) 8” #5 zippers (plus 2 pulls if using zipper by the yard)
- (1) 11” #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper by the yard)
- (1) 21” #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper by the yard)
- (12-20) 8mm rivets (optional)
- (4) 1½” Square rings or D rings
- (2) 3/4" D rings
- (2) 1½” swivel clasps
- (1) 1½” slide adjuster
- (6) purse feet (optional)
- (2) 7” pieces of 3/8’’ elastic
- 3/8” double sided tape DST (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Fabri-Tac Glue (optional, but strongly suggested)
Finished Standing Size is 20" W x 11 1/2" H x 8 1/2" D
Thirty-one (31) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper, or A4.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.