The Large Alyssa Crossbody Digital Pattern
ABOUT THIS PATTERN:
The original Alyssa Hip Bag is one of our most popular patterns. The original Alyssa is a convertible bag and many people make it as a crossbody only, so a slightly larger bag has been requested frequently. Since this is my favorite everyday bag, I felt it was past time.
This pattern is not a percentage enlargement from the original Alyssa, as I wanted it to be a specific amount wider and taller while keeping the many elements that bagmakers love. A couple of design tweaks and a new partial drop-in lining complete the changes. Enjoy!
- A front accordion-style pocket secured with a magnetic snap or turn lock on the flap
- 2 flap options
- Interior zipper pocket
- 3 Interior slip pockets
- 4 card slots
- Three strap options - chain, vinyl, or combo. (Get the free PDF tutorial to make the combo strap).
RATED FOR CONFIDENT BEGINNER
KEEP IN MIND:
- This bag was designed to be made with vinyl, cork, or leather. However, if you would like to use cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric for the exterior, you will need to apply interfacing (such as SF101) to the exterior fabric and the amount needed in the materials list will need to be increased.
- The Large Alyssa Crossbody looks best as a structured bag. It’s designed to hold its shape well even when empty, so foam is the preferred stabilizer to give it body without it being too stiff.
- The flap shape was designed with the edge trim in mind. Emmaline Bags edge trim (Style B - Pointed: Medium and Style D - Curved) was used when drafting the pattern pieces. If you buy your edge trim from a different vendor or you use a different size, please check the angle or curve prior to cutting your fabric. You can easily adjust the point or curve on the flap pattern piece to work with your edge trim. Make sure you also adjust your FLAP STABILIZER pattern piece as well.
Standing Size: 10 1/2” W x 7” H x 2 1/2” D
Fabric amounts provided are for non-directional print and would need to be adjusted if using a directional print or if you are fussy cutting.
- Main fabric – 1 yard x at least 45” wide
- 1 yard x 45’’ wide quilting cotton or similar weight fabric
- 3 1/2 x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- 1 yard x 20” wide Pellon FF78 Fusible Foam
- (1) 13” x 8” piece of Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
- (1) 9” #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard) – (prepared zipper: trim to 9”)
- (2) 8mm rivets
- (2) 3/4” D-rings
- (1) 14mm magnetic snap or 1”- 1 1/2” turn-lock
- (1) metal edge trim (pointed: medium style B or curved)
- (1) 44” chain strap
OR IF MAKING AN ADJUSTABLE STRAP
- (2) 3/4” swivel hooks
- (1) 3/4” slide adjuster
- (2) 8mm rivets
- Edge Kote for any raw edges of vinyl, leather, or cork (optional)
- 1/8” or 1/4” double-sided tape DST (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Fabri-Tac Glue (optional, but strongly suggested)
Forty-four (44) page PDF pattern in full color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Includes color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut Chart and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels for efficiency.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home-production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.