The Jovie Backpack Digital Pattern
This is a downloadable PDF pattern - best downloaded and saved to a computer file or in cloud storage such as Dropbox.
ABOUT THIS PATTERN:
This pattern was inspired by the structure of our popular Colette Bowler Bag. With subtle features and minimal hardware, this classically styled bag is perfect for highlighting beautiful fabric along with exceptional top-stitching. The top is curved with a dual-pull zipper and side gussets.
There are optional purse feet on the flat bottom. The spacious interior has a zipper pocket and twin slip pockets, both finished with exterior fabric trim. A dressed-up backpack for heading to the office or out for the day.
No binding and no drop-in lining. Turns through the lining opening.
Rated for INTERMEDIATE Bagmakers
FINISHED SIZE: 12” W x 15” H x 5” D
KEEP IN MIND:
- This bag was designed to be made with vinyl, cork, or leather. However, if you would like to use cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric for the exterior, you will need to apply an interfacing (such as SF101) to the exterior fabric and the amount needed in the materials list will need to be increased.
- The backpack looks best as a structured bag. It’s designed to hold its shape well even when empty, so foam is the preferred stabilizer to give it body without it being too stiff.
Fabric amounts provided are for non-directional print and would need to be adjusted if using a directional print or if you are fussy cutting.
- Main fabric – 1 yard x at least 45” wide - vinyl, cork, faux leather, leather
- 1 yard x 45’’ wide quilting cotton or similar weight fabric
- 3 1/2 x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- 1 yard x 20” wide Pellon FF78 Fusible Foam
- (1) 13” x 8” piece of Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
- (1) 23” #5 zipper (plus 2 pulls if using zipper-by-the-yard) – (prepared zipper: trim to 23”, double-sided closure)
- (1) 9 1/4” #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard) – (prepared zipper: trim to 9 1/4”)
- (1) 9” #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard) – (prepared zipper: trim to 9”)
- (8) 8mm rivets
- (1) 1 1/2” O-ring
- (2) 1” D-rings
- (1) 14mm magnetic snap or half-moon magnetic edge snap
- (4) 1” swivel hooks
- (2) 1” slide adjusters
- (4) purse feet (optional)
- Edge Kote for any raw edges of vinyl, leather, or cork
- 1/8” or 1/4” double-sided tape DST
- Fabri-Tac Glue or similair
Fifty-two (52) page PDF pattern in full color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Includes color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut Chart and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels for efficiency.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home-production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.