The Alyssa Hip Bag Digital Pattern
The Alyssa is a very classy looking hip bag - not a traditional style fanny pack - worn with a matching or purchased belt. Convert it to a crossbody/shoulder bag with a sophisticated chain strap, or change up the look for the evening to a clutch with the matching wristlet. The Alyssa Hip Bag will get your through the day with a mere change of the strap and without having to move things from one purse to the other for your different activities or wardrobe style.
Dress it up with a metal flap edge and magnetic snap, or go understated with a turn lock. Designed for leather, faux leather/vinyl, and cork with a cotton lining. If you choose to use quilting cotton or cotton canvas for the exterior, increase the amount of SF101 required. If using cotton, your bag will be slightly less structured. This bag is perfect for showing off that beautiful fabric you "just had to have."
- A front accordion-style pocket secured with magnetic snap or turnlock on flap
- Interior zipper pocket
- 3 Interior slip pockets
- 4 card slots
- D-ring for wristlet
Finished Standing Size: 8" H x 6" W x 1-1/2" D
This pattern is for intermediate bag makers and includes:
- A detailed materials and cut list
- Clear instructions
- Full color photos
- All seam allowances included in pattern pieces
- Skills: making card slots, sewing a pleated pocket, installing turn lock and edge trim, inserting zipper pocket, installing rivets, creating a belt channel, making a belt and wristlet strap.
- A Facebook pattern group for questions and sharing
- A video tutorial by SiahSwag on YouTube
Materials and Notions:
- 1/2 yard x at least 24" wide vinyl/faux leather, 1 mm cork, or leather
- additional exterior fabric for making the belt
- 1/2 yard x 45 inch quilting cotton
- 1-1/2 yards x 20 inch Pellon SF101 (equivalency chart)
- 1/4 yard x 20 inch Pellon FF78 fusible foam
- 6" x 18-1/2" Pellon 808/809 or similar non-woven interfacing
- 9" x 9" piece of Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
- (1) 8" #3 or #5 zipper (if using zipper-by-the-yard, you will need matching pull)
- (1) 18 mm magnetic snap OR (1) 1 - 1-1/2" turnlock
- (1) metal edge trim for flap - Emmaline Style B or D
- (9) 8mm rivets
- (2) 3/4" D-rings
- (1) 3/4" belt buckle
- (1) 44" chain strap
- (1) 1/2" swivel clasp for wristlet strap
- 3/8” double-sided tape DST (optional but strongly suggested)
- Fabri-Tac Glue (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Edge Kote to use on any raw edges on Belt and Belt Channel
- Hole Punch for belt and rivet holes
Thirty-eight (38) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper, or A4.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.