The Cici Tote and Cici Too Combo Digital Patterns
The Cici Tote is a big roomy bag. The Cici Too Cosmetic Bag keeps those small things organized that migrate to the bottom of your bag. Or the things you need to quickly grab. Designed to go together with the curved overlay and boxed bottom, these make a striking set. And you can build your bagmaking skills by starting with the smaller bag.
NOTE: This download contains two patterns in one file - The Cici Tote Bag followed by The Cici Too Cosmetic Bag. The file is labeled as The Cici Combo - you will not have two separate files.
Start with The Cici Too Cosmetic Bag - learn to add an overlay, install a zipper, and box the corners. With those skills, you're ready for The Cici Tote Bag with tons of features that you can customize for your unique bag.
Both patterns feature:
Cici Too - finished standing size is 8.5" x 5" x 3"
MATERIALS AND NOTIONS:
- 1/4 yard fabric for exterior AND
- (2) pieces 10" x 4" leather, vinyl/faux leather, or cork for overlay
- 1/4 yard fabric for lining
- 1/2 yard SF101, (optional Pellon 808/809 or Decovil 525)
- 8" #3 or #5 zipper
- Fabric-tac, spray adhesive, or 3/8” double-sided tape DST (optional but strongly suggested)
- Edge Kote to use on any raw edges of overlay (optional)
- - - - - - - - - -
The Cici Tote Bag is a perfect marriage of classic style and practical functionality. Depending on the features you add to both the exterior and interior, you've got a perfect everyday shoulder bag, office tote for your tablet, diaper bag, gym bag, library, tote, or crafting bag.
The stylish exterior features an accent overlay of faux leather or vinyl, matching the straps. Strap connectors on both the shoulder straps and optional adjustable strap, along with purse feet show off hardware, along with the exposed top zipper with added tab. Two exterior slip pockets hold those things you need close at hand, and offer a chance for contrasting fabric or to show off fussy cutting skills.
The roomy interior features a key holder (elusive pacifier anyone?), a tablet slip pocket, and a divided slip pocket in front of a zipper pocket. Your contents are safely out of view (or from tumbling out) with the large zipper closure. This structured bag is made to take the weight - and the heavy use that it's guaranteed to be subjected to!
Finished standing size is 16" x 11" x 5"
Rated for Confident Beginner. Visual learner? Check out Siah Swag's excellent video tutorial on YouTube.
- Main fabric – ½ yard quilt weight cotton, canvas, home décor fabric, or similar
- Accent fabric - 3/4 yard x minimum 31” wide of vinyl/faux leather, cork, leather, or similar
- Lining fabric - 5/8 yard x 54” quilt weight cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric. If your fabric is smaller than 54”, you will need to adjust accordingly.
- 3½ yards lightweight fusible woven interfacing (SF101 or similar). Eliminate in pieces using heavyweight vinyl, leather, or cork.
- 1½ yards of 20'' wide firm one-side fusible interfacing (Peltex, Decovil Heavy 526 or Decovil 1 or similar)
- 808/809 scraps or duct tape for purse feet
- (1) 20 – 22” #5 zipper
- (1) 10” #3 or #5 zipper (if using zipper-by-the-yard, cut at 11”)
- (12 – 16) medium rivets (optional but strongly suggested)
- (4) 1” square rings
- (2) ¾” D-rings
- (3) ¾” swivel clasps (1 is for the keyholder)
- (1) ¾” slide adjuster
- (4) purse feet
- 3/8” double-sided tape DST (optional but strongly suggested)
- Edge Kote to use on any raw edges of overlay fabrics and strap ends that may fray (optional)
The Cici Combo is a forty-nine (49) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.