The Cici Tote Bag Digital Pattern
Visual learner or a little hesitant to start? Check out Siah Swag's excellent video tutorial on YouTube.
The Cici Tote Bag is a perfect marriage of classic style and practical functionality. Depending on the features you add to both the exterior and interior, you've got a perfect everyday shoulder bag, office tote for your tablet, diaper bag, gym bag, library, tote, or just because you ALWAYS have a lot of stuff you "need."
The stylish exterior features an accent overlay of faux leather or vinyl, matching the straps. Strap connectors on both the shoulder straps and optional adjustable strap, along with purse feet show off hardware, along with the exposed top zipper with added tab. Two exterior slip pockets hold those things you need close at hand, and offer a chance for contrasting fabric or to show off fussy cutting skills.
The roomy interior features a key holder (elusive pacifier anyone?), a tablet slip pocket, and a divided slip pocket in front of a zipper pocket. Your contents are safely out of view (or from tumbling out) with the large zipper closure. This structured bag is made to take the weight - and the heavy use that it's guaranteed to be subjected to!
Finished standing size is 16" x 11" x 5"
Rated for Confident Beginner.
- A detailed Fabric and Interfacing Cut List with coordinating Pattern Piece Labels
- Clear beginner-friendly instructions accompanied by full-color photos
- Only 2 shaped pieces - rectangular pieces save printing costs
- Skills: Inserting a zipper, making a zipper placket, inserting purse feet
- A Facebook pattern group for questions and sharing
- Main fabric – ½ yard quilt weight cotton, canvas, home décor fabric, or similar
- Accent fabric - 3/4 yard x minimum 31” wide of vinyl/faux leather, cork, leather, or similar
- 5/8 yard x 54” quilt weight cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric. If your fabric is smaller than 54”, you will need to adjust accordingly.
- 3½ yards lightweight fusible woven interfacing (SF101 or similar). Eliminate in pieces using heavyweight vinyl, leather, or cork.
- 1½ yards of 20'' wide firm one-side fusible interfacing (Peltex, Decovil Heavy 526 or Decovil 1 or similar)
- 808/809 scraps or duct tape for purse feet
Get the hardware kit from Siah Swag Bags in four different finishes.
- (1) 20 – 22” #5 zipper
- (1) 10” #3 or #5 zipper (if using zipper-by-the-yard, cut at 11”)
- (12 – 16) medium rivets (optional but strongly suggested)
- (4) 1” square rings
- (2) ¾” D-rings
- (3) ¾” swivel clasps (1 is for the key holder)
- (1) ¾” slide adjuster
- (4) purse feet
- 3/8” double-sided tape DST (optional but strongly suggested)
- Edge Kote to use on any raw edges of overlay fabrics and strap ends that may fray (optional)
Thirty-seven (37) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.