The Penelope Crossbody Bag Digital Pattern
This is a downloadable PDF pattern - best downloaded and saved to a computer, flash drive, or in a cloud service.
Kaya Papaya Design's first pattern The Penelope Crossbody Bag was released on November 15, 2019. She was due for a "grown-up" makeover, so her format and style would fit in with our other patterns. Patricia has added an "around the gusset" riveted strap connector and a choice of two closures, so The Penelope is all dressed up!
A structured classic bag, but don't let the size fool you - this little beauty will still hold the essentials for a day of shopping or sightseeing. There's a roomy zipper pocket for your personal items and a divided slip pocket for your phone. Your wallet will easily fit in the interior. A 60 inch long adjustable strap lets you wear it as a crossbody, and a decorative edge trim magnet or turn lock keeps everything secure. In two sizes, suitable for adult or even a preteen.
Small is 8" x 6" x 2.5", Large is 11" x 7.5" x 3"
This pattern is for a confident beginner and includes:
- Detailed materials and color-coded cut list
- Color-coded labels to keep things organized
- Clear Confident Beginner instructions
- Full-color photos
- All seam allowances included in pattern pieces
- Skills: Working with heavy interfacing, inserting a zipper, and installing closure hardware
- A Facebook pattern group for questions and sharing
A fun, quick make that you'll do again and again. With your creativity and our pattern, you'll never make the same bag twice!
- ½ yard of 45” wide quilt weight cotton, vinyl/faux leather, cork, leather, home décor fabric, or similar
- ½ yard of 45” quilt weight cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric
- 2¼ yards x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- ¼ yard x 20” wide Pellon FF78 one-side Fusible Foam
- ¼ yard Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
- (2) small squares of 808/809 to reinforce magnetic snap
- #3 or #5 zipper small 7½” or large 9½”
- Small magnetic snap, or Decorative edge trim magnet, or a turn-lock
- 11 medium rivets (less can be used if not embellishing the gusset) (optional but suggested)
- (2) D-rings: ¾” (small) or 1” (large)
- (2) swivel clasps: ¾” (small) or 1” (large)
- (1) slide adjuster: ¾” (small) or 1” (large)
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES:
- ¼” or 3/8” double-sided tape DST (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Fabri-Tac Glue (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Rivet Press or Rivet Tool - for setting rivets if using
Forty-one (41) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.