The Penelope Crossbody Bag Digital Pattern
Check out Seams Legit's video tutorial of The Penelope Crossbody Bag.
Kaya Papaya Design's first pattern The Penelope Crossbody Bag was released on November 15, 2019. She was due for a "grown-up" makeover, so her format and style would fit in with our other patterns. Patricia has added an "around the gusset" riveted strap connector and a choice of two closures, so The Penelope is all dressed up!
A structured classic bag, but don't let the size fool you - this little beauty will still hold the essentials for a day of shopping or sightseeing. There's a roomy zipper pocket for your personal items and a divided slip pocket for your phone. Your wallet will easily fit in the interior. A 60 inch long adjustable strap lets you wear it as a crossbody, and a decorative edge trim magnet or turn lock keeps everything secure. In two sizes, suitable for adult or even a preteen.
Small is 8" x 6" x 2.5", Large is 11" x 7.5" x 3"
This pattern is for a confident beginner and includes:
- Detailed materials and color-coded cut list
- Color-coded labels to keep things organized
- Clear Confident Beginner instructions
- Full-color photos
- All seam allowances included in pattern pieces
- Skills: Working with heavy interfacing, inserting a zipper, and installing closure hardware
- A Facebook pattern group for questions and sharing
A fun, quick make that you'll do again and again. With your creativity and our pattern, you'll never make the same bag twice!
- ½ yard of 45” wide quilt weight cotton, vinyl/faux leather, cork, leather, home décor fabric, or similar
- ½ yard of 45” quilt weight cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric
- 2¼ yards x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- ¼ yard x 20” wide Pellon FF78 one-side Fusible Foam
- ¼ yard Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
- (2) small squares of 808/809 to reinforce magnetic snap
- #3 or #5 zipper small 7½” or large 9½”
- Small magnetic snap, or Decorative edge trim magnet, or a turn-lock
- 11 medium rivets (less can be used if not embellishing the gusset) (optional but suggested)
- (2) D-rings: ¾” (small) or 1” (large)
- (2) swivel clasps: ¾” (small) or 1” (large)
- (1) slide adjuster: ¾” (small) or 1” (large)
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES:
- ¼” or 3/8” double-sided tape DST (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Fabri-Tac Glue (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Rivet Press or Rivet Tool - for setting rivets if using
Forty-one (41) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.