The Raelyn Bag Trio Digital Pattern
Are you a visual learner? Check out Siah Swag's sew-along video
You know it happens - you see a pattern you love but wish it were a different size. Enlarging or shrinking by a percentage on your printer is not always the best answer. Patricia has done all the work for you and you can choose. Pattern pieces grouped by size mean you print what you need, and don't have confusing multi-size lines to follow.
The Raelyn Bag Trio is a classy little shoulder bag. With the flirty pleated front, recessed zipper, minimal hardware, and plenty of pockets, you'll be making one to match a different side of your personality or occasion.
The small size is perfect for the fashionable young lady or a glamorous night out. The medium is a great size for an everyday "grab and go" bag, and the larger bag will hold the essentials for a day of sightseeing.
Designed as a shoulder bag, instructions are included for an optional crossbody strap. A curved gusset gives it shape and stability and provides a roomy interior. The medium and large size will hold a full-size wallet along with your other necessities.
Each size has its own Cut List, Pattern Piece Labels, and Pattern Pieces. Printing directions clearly indicate which pages you need to print depending on your size. We've grouped the shaped pieces separately from the rectangular pieces to save on printing costs if desired. All pattern piece measurements are on the Fabric and Interfacing Cut List. Clear instructions with full-color photos guide you through all bag sizes.
Finished Standing Size:
Small: 9½” W x 5½” H x 3¼” D – Handle Drop: 12”
Medium: 10½” W x 7” H x 3½” D – Handle Drop: 13”
Large: 12” W x 8” H x 3¾” D – Handle Drop: 14
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
KEEP IN MIND:
- The pattern instructions show the pattern made with a pleated front piece and a flat back piece with a zipper pocket. You can have pleats on both sides, or not at all.
- This bag was designed to be made with cotton, canvas, or similar weight fabric as the main exterior fabric and the accent fabric as vinyl, cork, or leather.
- Instructions are included for making an optional adjustable crossbody strap in place of the shoulder strap.
Fabric amounts provided are for non-directional print and would need to be adjusted if using a directional print or if you are fussy-cutting.
- Main exterior – ¼ yard x at least 45” wide
- Accent fabric – ¼ yard x at least 29’’ wide (will need to be wider than 29” if you would like your strap longer and/or if you are making a crossbody strap)
- ½ yard x 45’’ wide quilting cotton or similar weight fabric
- 1-yard x 20’’ wide Pellon SF101 lightweight fusible woven interfacing
- 14” x 14” Pellon 987F one-side fusible fleece
- 4” x 28” piece of Pellon Peltex 71F one-side fusible firm stabilizer
- (1) #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard) Sm: 11” Med: 12½” Lg: 14” (Note that a packaged zipper will need to be cut down)
- (2) #3 or #5 zipper (plus 1 pull if using zipper-by-the-yard) Sm: 7¼” Med: 8½” Lg: 9” (Note that a packaged zipper will need to be cut down)
- (4) 8mm rivets
- (2) 1” D-rings, Square rings or O-rings
- (2) 1” metal strap ends (optional)
- (2) 1” swivel clasps (if making a detachable crossbody strap)
- (1) 1” slide adjuster (if making an adjustable crossbody strap)
- 1/4” double-sided tape DST (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Fabri-Tac Glue or glue stick (optional, but strongly suggested)
- Small stapler with staples (optional – very helpful – instructions are included on where to use)
Sixty (60) page PDF pattern in full-color. Ready to print on 8.5 x 11 paper or A4. Color-coded Fabric and Interfacing Cut List and coordinating Pattern Piece Labels for each size help improve efficiency.
You may sell items from this pattern on a home production basis only. See the pattern for more information.
This is a digital download and therefore cannot be refunded once purchased. Please provide a valid email address in order to receive the download link.